CPK BBQ Chicken Salad Low Carbified



California Pizza Kitchen has one of my favorite salads the CPK BBQ Chicken Salad but they drench it in their own version of ranch dressing which scares me because there is almost always some hidden sugar involved.

I am also trying to eat at home more often so that I can control what I am putting in my mouth.  This causes me to have to come up with my own version of this ranch dressing that I can make at home because I am not missing out on this salad.  I am usually pretty good at taking any recipe and creating a much healthier version that actually tastes better than the original and this was of course no different.  So please let me know how awesome I am and comment below!

Ranch Dressing:

Ingredients:



  • 2  cups Greek yogurt
  • 2  Tbsp apple cider vinegar
  • 2  scallions or green onion finely chopped
  • 1  large clove of garlic finely chopped or pasted
  • 2  Tbsp minced Italian parsley
  • 1  tsp Worcestershire
  • 2  tsp fresh dill minced
  • 1/4  tsp oregano
  • 1/4  tsp fresh basil minced


Directions:


Add ingredients to a bowl and mix until smooth.  Use more or less apple cider vinegar for desired consistency.  Let sit in refrigerator 30 minutes before serving.  Flavors become stronger as it sits.



Salad:

ingredients:

  • 1 head each Iceberg and Romaine sliced into strips 
  • approx 1/4 cup basil leaves sliced into strips.  Use more if you like
  • approx 1/2 lb jicama sliced into strips.  You can use more or less if you like 
  • 1 can black beans
  • 1 bunch of cilantro finely chopped
  • 2 tomatoes chopped into bite size pieces seeds removed
  • 2-3 Tbsp no sugar bbq sauce
  • BBQ grilled sliced chicken 
  • wedges of lime
  • Note**If you are on the maintenance phase P3 of the HCG diet you can add 1-2 cups monterey cheese

Directions:


Add ingredients to a bowl and toss with dressing.

This recipe is both P2 and P3 friendly see note**

Serves approximately 4-6


For more information on the HCG Diet visit My HCG Supplies


No comments:

Post a Comment