P3 Pumpkin Fluff



Ingredients

  • 1 (16 ounce) container whip cream -whipped to whip cream consistency
  • 1-2 tablespoons of splenda or your sweetener of choice added to whip cream
  • 1 (1.5 ounce) package instant sugar free vanilla pudding mix
  • 1 C solid pack pumpkin
  • 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice

Directions

  1. In a large bowl, mix together instant vanilla pudding mix, pumpkin and pumpkin pie spice. Fold into the whip cream. Chill in the refrigerator until serving
The original recipe called for sugar and regular pudding as well as 3x the amount of pumpkin and the calories were 65 per serving.  This is lightened up quite a bit and is P3 friendly.  Serve with a couple graham crackers or an apple cut up.  Tasted great!!!

*********Update 2015**********

We no longer use Splenda.  The diet recommends a healthier alternative to sugar such as Stevia or Sweet n low

When I first started this diet I was a Splenda fiend but I have since conformed myself and now I use coconut sugar and Sweet n Low.  Since this recipe was posted in 2011 I have learned so much more about eating clean and I have made more healthy choices and stuck to many of them over the last few years such as getting off of Splenda all together and I no longer use whipped chemical cream from a tub.  Now I would make my own whip cream and sweeten it with Sweet n low and sometimes coconut sugar.  My next change would probably be to get rid of the Sweet n Low next and just use coconut sugar but very sparingly.






No comments:

Post a Comment